Marriage has a very big significance in the African culture, that’s why our grandmothers and grandfathers managed to stay married for many years without giving up on each other. In the old days, marriage was seen as a permanent solution where two people would come together and cement their love for each other and through thick and thin these people never divorced each other. Today we find ourselves in the modern generation that is looking for instant gratification and where nothing seems not to be meant to last at all.
- Respect Your In-laws: Most African couples nowadays have almost zero respect for their inlaws this is a trend that is very worrying to see because in case you have an argument that you are unable to resolve between you and your husband the in-laws will be there to help you solve it, but if the relationship between you and them is already on the rocks then they may become biased and want you out of their lives and their son’s life.
- Love First: Many couples today are choosing material things over love and this is not good for their relationship because it makes them enter a relationship with the wrong motive and when the money runs out there is no bond between these couples leading the relationship to collapse.
- Eat Together: Eating together can seem like an outdated habit but it is important if you are looking to grow the bond between you.
- Communicate your Fears: For a marriage to last, you need to take a moment when you are just the two of you and communicate openly about your fears and worries this will give you the strength to face such fears together.
- Trust Your Partner: It is sad to say that many couples today hardly trust their partner it is imperative that you trust your partner.
- Forgiveness: Teach yourself to forgive your partner after all he/she is just human and they are bound to make mistakes from time to time.
- Resolve Your Issues: Whatever conflict you may have between you and your partner it is important to make sure that you resolve it to everyone’s satisfaction otherwise that will lead to resentment and it will only create more problems for you.
Professor Dr. Musa – African Traditional Spiritual Healer
Call Now: +254 720 545 028
WhatsApp: +254 720 545 028
Visit My Office: Nairobi, Bungoma, Mombasa, Kenya